1. Print materials and pre-assembled Blended Bundles
Print materials are physical (paper) books. Pre-assembled Blended Bundles are packs consisting of a combination of print and digital materials, where the digital license code is delivered together with the physical book, either on a paper insert or sticker. After they are purchased via KWL’s ecommerce, these materials can be returned for a refund if the following conditions are met:
- The return process is initiated within 6 weeks of delivery to the customer. Delivery date provided in the carrier’s tracking system will be used to determine the start of this period. The date of initiation of a return process is the date when the customer contacts KWL with a request for a return approval (see below) or, if no such contact takes place, the date the package is received by the carrier for return shipment.
- Materials do not bear physical marks of use and are in like-new condition.
- Materials are still in original shrink wrap, if sent wrapped.
The customer should send the materials with the postal service or a parcel carrier, covering the cost of return shipment, to:
Books International Returns Dept.
22880 Quicksilver Drive
Dulles, VA 20166
2. Digital materials
Sales of fully digital materials are final and will not be refunded.
3. Blended bundles with digital license codes delivered electronically
If the customer purchases a Blended Bundle (a predefined pack consisting of a combination of print and digital materials) via ecommerce, the order will typically be fulfilled in two parts:
- License code for digital materials will be sent to the customer directly.
- Print materials will be shipped according to a method selected at checkout.
In this case, the customer may receive a refund for the print component of the Blended Bundle according to section 1. The digital component of the Blended Bundle is exempt from refund according to section 2.
The value of each component within a Blended Bundle will be determined by applying the proportion of the list prices of individual components to the net amount the customer paid for the Blended Bundle.
4. Defective of damaged materials
If an item arrives damaged or defective, a customer may contact KWL via the “Question about existing order form” within the “Customer service” subsection of our “Support” menu for further instructions about receiving a discount, replacement, or credit. KWL staff will provide a prompt solution.
A customer must contact KWL about a damaged or defective item within 5 days of receiving the item.
5. Return pre-approval
Prior to sending a return shipment, customers are encouraged to contact KWL via the “Question about existing order form” within the “Customer service” subsection of our “Support” menu. The customer should provide the order number listed on the email confirmation they received after placing their order as well as the ISBN(s) of the product(s) which they wish to return. A KWL representative will then verify these items’ eligibility for return and, if appropriate, issue return approval, contingent upon compliance with sections 1 and 3, verified by KWL’s fulfillment center upon receipt of the materials.
Customers who return materials for a refund without receiving a pre-approval are more likely to be contacted by KWL with additional questions. Delays in processing of the refund may occur, for which KWL will not be responsible.
Refunds will be issued according to the following guidelines:
- The amount of the refund will be the net sale value of returnable materials returned in acceptable condition, according to sections 1 and 3, and any sales tax applied to these materials. Shipping costs will not be refunded.
- Refunds will be issued to the credit/debit card or PayPal account used for the original transaction.
- Funds will be returned to the customer’s bank account within 30 days after the materials are received at KWL’s fulfillment center. KWL is not responsible for delays in the processing of a refund caused by the customer’s financial institution.
- A customer does not need to file a claim with a bank to receive a refund for materials returned in accordance with the requirements of sections 1 and 3. Filing a claim with a bank prevents KWL from issuing a refund directly and will cause a delay in processing a refund, for which KWL will not be responsible.
This policy applies only to prepaid orders, which includes all purchases made on this website. Click here to download policy applicable to other orders.