Défi 1: Textbook
DÉFI is an original, motivating, and very easy-to-use French textbook series. Anchored in the action-oriented approach, it awakens the curiosity of learners by placing culture as a fundamental element of language learning. It is aimed at adolescents or CECRL A1-level adults.
This series offers:
- An easily adaptable structure of 8 units per level, each divided into two thematic folders. Each folder contains: 1 discovery double-page, 2 double-pages with interesting documents accompanied by grammatical, vocabulary, and cultural activities, as well as a final challenge.
- Realistic and useful documents that facilitate language acquisition for the learner: multicultural elements, social data, etc.
- Varied reading strategies to facilitate the understanding of documents and develop the autonomy of each learner.
- A primary focus on intercultural exchange: the learner reacts and interacts based on his or her experience and identity.
- An inductive and progressive study of grammar.
- Vocabulary study throughout the series and reinforced by a dedicated page at the end of the unit.
- Accompanying audio and video clips.